For the chicken:
3 or 4 chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
1 cup and a half (375 ml) cornstarch
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup (65 ml) canola oil
Hawaiian sauce :
1 cup (250 ml) pineapple juice
1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
1/3 cup (85 ml) soy sauce
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 drained pineapple cane or 2 cups of freshly cut pineapple
- preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. Season well with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, place the cornstarch. In another, the eggs are lightly beaten.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the cornstarch and then into the egg. (Yes, yes, in that order)
- In a saucepan, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat and make a sauce. Cook chicken until lightly browned.
- Transfer the chicken to a lightly greased 9 by 13 Pyrex dish and place in the oven. oven.
- In a medium bowl, mix the pineapple juice, brown sugar, hot pepper sauce, and soy, garlic, and cornstarch. Mix well. Add the peppers and the pieces pineapple.
- Pour over the chicken in the Pyrex dish.
- Cook for 1 hour, stirring gently every 15 minutes.